BANG Showbiz – Mar 21, 2022 / 6:29 pm | Story: 363546

Bill Murray has joined the star-studded list of presenters at this year’s Oscars.

The 71-year-old actor will join the likes of Stephanie Beatriz, Elliot Page, Jennifer Garner, Tiffany Haddish, DJ Khaled, Kelly Slater, Tony Hawk and Shaun White as a presenter at the ceremony on March 27.

Alongside a list of the names, the Academy said on Twitter: “Meet the fifth slate of presenters for the 94th #Oscars [Oscar emoji] (sic)”

Previously, the Academy announced the likes of Lady Gaga, Kevin Costner, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Lily James, Zoe Kravitz, John Leguizamo, Simu Liu, Rami Malek, Rosie Perez, Chris Rock, and Uma Thurman as presenters for the upcoming ceremony.

Will Packer, one of the producers of the show, recently gave an insight into this year’s Oscars, explaining that he’s seeking to bring something new to the ceremony.

He told The Hollywood Reporter: “You need something other than just a chance to see stars. We have to make a show that is entertaining and appeals to a broad swath of the viewing public.

“My approach is to bring everybody together around the idea of a love for cinema. And so one of the things you’ll see is that not everyone involved with the show may be a movie person.”

Will is ultimately keen to reach a broader audience than ever before.

The producer wants the ceremony – which is being hosted by Amy Schumer, Regina Hall and Wanda Sykes – to be “as wide-ranging and far-reaching as the movies themselves”.

Looking forward to this year’s Oscars, Will said: “It absolutely means that we are not limited to just folks within the [traditional] movie industry.

“I want to make sure this felt like something that was as wide-ranging and far-reaching as the movies themselves.”

BANG Showbiz – Mar 21, 2022 / 3:27 pm | Story: 363529

Trevor Noah has insisted he doesn’t want Kanye West to be “cancelled”.

The 44-year-old rapper was recently banned from Instagram for 24 hours after using a racial slur towards the ‘Daily Show’ host – who had criticised the ‘Stronger’ hitmaker for his conduct towards ex-wife Kim Kardashian and her boyfriend Pete Davidson – and was then dropped from performing at the Grammy Awards because of his “troublesome online behaviour”.

However, Trevor has now spoken out to insist he thinks Kanye needs help, not punishment.

He tweeted: “I said counsel Kanye not cancel Kanye.”

The ‘Love Lockdown’ rapper had lashed out at Trevor after the stand-up accused Kanye of harassing his ex-wife – with whom he has North, eight, Saint, six, Chicago, four, and Psalm, two – since she filed for divorce.

Speaking on ‘The Daily Show’, Trevor said: “I’ll be honest with you — what I see from the situation is a woman who wants to live her life without being harassed by an ex-boyfriend or an ex-husband or an ex-anything.

“You may not feel sorry for Kim because she’s rich and famous, because she appropriates Black culture … but what she’s going through is terrifying to watch and shines a spotlight on what so many women go through when they choose to leave.”

Trevor had attempted to make amends with Kanye – who legally changed his name to Ye.

He had commented on the post containing the slur: “You’re an indelible part of my life Ye.

“Which is why it breaks my heart to see you like this. I don’t care if you support Trump, and I don’t care if you roast Pete. I do, however, care when I see you on a path that’s dangerously close to peril and pain.

“Don’t ever forget, the biggest trick racists ever played on Black people was teaching us to strip each other of our Blackness whenever we disagree. Tricking us into dividing ourselves up into splinters so that we would never unite into a powerful rod.”

BANG Showbiz – Mar 21, 2022 / 7:28 am | Story: 363465

Britney Spears is planning to work on her first new music in six years.

Now that she is free from the constraints of her conservatorship, the 40-year-old pop icon’s team are said to be getting in touch with some of the songwriters the ‘Lucky’ hitmaker “feels comfortable” working with – including the man behind her hits ‘Womanizer’, ‘Circus’ and ‘If U Seek Amy’, Claude Kelly – to work on new songs.

An insider told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre column: “It is very early days and Britney isn’t putting any pressure on herself to release an album right away or anything, but her team are putting feelers out about the prospect of new music.

“Several people who she feels comfortable working with have been contacted and asked if they would like to work on music with Britney again and everyone seems pretty keen to be involved.

“She has been through an incredibly tough few years but deep down she does love making music and performing so to have some new music out there could really help her turn over a new leaf.”

Last month, Britney took to Instagram to share a throwback clip of herself dancing in high heels to her 2007 song ‘Get Naked (I Got a Plan)’, which she called a “tease of what’s to come.”

Alongside the clip, she wrote: “This is 13 seconds of me in heels before I dyed my hair purple. This is a tease of what’s to come !!!! My song “Get Naked” !!! Hope you guys are having a great day !!!!! Pss No hair and make up !!! Just PLAYING around folks !!!!”

The ‘Gimme More’ singer has released nine studio albums over the course of her career but has not dropped a record since 2016’s ‘Glory.’

Back in December, an insider told of how Britney is looking forward to shaping her own career in 2022.

The source told ‘Entertainment Tonight’: “Britney is her own decisionmaker now and she wants to expand her professional horizons. She’s just waiting for the right time for everything.”

More Entertainment News

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.