Daily life on a college campus is busy. With classes, homework, extracurricular activities, and work commitments, it can be difficult to find time for movement and exercise. However, regular exercise is essential for maintaining good physical and mental health. Personal and small group training or group fitness are fantastic ways for college students, faculty and staff to get the fitness they need without sacrificing their other commitments.
Personal and small group training offer a number of benefits to speed along your fitness. First, they provide individualized attention from a certified personal trainer. Your trainer will also be able to teach you proper exercise technique and help you avoid injuries. Second, your trainer will have everything planned out for you, so you can focus on showing up and getting the most out of your workout. Third, you will have a trainer and other participants to cheer you on and push you to your limits. Overall, you get a workout plan that is tailored to your specific needs and goals for a fraction of what you would pay at other gyms.
Group fitness is another great way to get movement into your day. These programs are free to UREC members and to all students. They are offered both in the HPER and UREC Fitness Center (AR Union) throughout the day. By being in a group setting you get the accountability and encouragement to push you towards your goals.
Personal and small group training can be especially beneficial for college students and faculty. Here are a few specific ways:
- Manage stress. College can be a stressful time, and regular exercise is a wonderful way to manage stress and improve mood. Personal and small group training can provide you with structure and accountability.
- Improve sleep quality. Exercise can also help you sleep better at night. This is important for college students, who need to be well-rested to perform their best both in the classroom and everyday life.
- Boost energy levels. Exercise is a natural energy booster. Personal and small group training can help you feel more energized and productive throughout the day.
If you are interested in trying, there are a few things to get started:
- Small Group Training will host its second fall session starting on Monday, October 23rd – Thursday, December 7th. There will be two spring session offerings as well. A single six-week session costs $43 for students and $57 for UREC members. Please register by filling out a packet found on the small group training page on the UREC website along with the desired program time on the member portal found at urecmembers.uark.edu.
- Personal Training packages can be purchased at any time and start at $56 for students (2 sessions) and $64 for members. Please register by filling out a packet found on the personal training webpage along with the starter package found on the member portal at urecmembers.uark.edu.
- For group fitness please register on the UREC member portal only at urecmembers.uark.edu. These programs will run till Dec. 8th and start back at the beginning of spring semester.
Everyone can benefit from physical training so sign up today! To find more information please contact Faith Pearrow at [email protected] for personal and small group training or Laurie Campbell at [email protected] for group fitness.